Sunday, May 13, 2012

Let God plan your Mother's Day and all the days that follow!

It's a beautiful, quiet Mother's Day morning.  No kids awake, not even a husband yet.  This is my favorite time of the day.  It's not that I don't enjoy the chatter, singing and many times arguing from the other inhabitants known as my family.  I love them more than life itself.  This just happens to be the time that I talk to God and listen to the Holy Spirit for direction.  That's right, I'm hoping for that small whisper telling me what direction to go in with my life and believe you me, I'm going to listen!


It's not that I've wasted or regretted any of my life.  I just feel like I've been bouncing.  I never picked my jobs, they picked me.  Every job that I've ever had was the result of some kind of divine intervention.  That's why I'm sure that whatever comes next is part of the plan.  I try not to anticipate too much because anxiety can only follow.  Not that there isn't a good feeling that comes from waiting for something nice or special.  The kind that I'm talking about how is tomorrow going to turn out at work and what I am going to do if it doesn't go well?  I'm taking this as meaning that's it's time for me to find the next chapter of that part of my life.  I used to love what I do and now something's changed.  I keep going back to my Walk to Emmaus as the catalyst for this change in my attitude towards life.


I was a Pilgrim last September and that's a place where you can't anticipate anything.  It was actually pretty freeing!  I didn't have to plan the next minute, hour or even the next day.  It was all done for me and all I had to do was have faith!  Now my faith is renewed and I need to figure out what to do with it.  I wish that I could just wake up one morning and start walking and somehow my feet would guide me to the place that I need to be.  You know, that is a possibility, so maybe I shouldn't count that one out!  I want to be a happy wife, mother and citizen of the town that I live in.  I have a church family now and that's a huge thing.  I know I don't let them into my life enough, but I have to take baby steps.


Today I'm going to enjoy my families.  My family at home, my family at church, my mother and mother-in-law (because I'm blessed to have both) and of course, my Father above.  He made this all possible and even gave me a beautiful day to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment